You do not need to settle for the current appearance of your teeth if you are disappointed by their alignment, colour, shape, spacing, and size. Dental veneers in Toronto can alter one, more, or all of those factors and make small and subtle changes that, cumulatively, can transform your smile. The best part? Dental veneers make those changes quickly, comfortably, and easily.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin shells frequently made out of porcelain that have been custom-made, shaped, and coloured to fit directly onto the surface of the teeth you want to alter. Porcelain is translucent in a very similar way to your natural teeth enamel. Porcelain veneers reflect light just like your natural, healthy teeth. Veneers are a highly flexible solution for cosmetic dentistry concerns because they can be applied to a single tooth or to multiple teeth to adjust one or multiple flaws.
How do you get dental veneers in Toronto?
At your first appointment, your dentist in Toronto will assess and measure your teeth precisely to prepare as many veneers as you need to achieve your cosmetic goals. That veneer will fit seamlessly over the top of your tooth and project a perfect and perfectly natural tooth without anyone knowing you’re wearing veneers. Your dentist will guide you through a careful process of choosing the appropriate shape and colour to achieve your goals and blend naturally with your other teeth and with the rest of your face. At this first session, your dentist will also remove some enamel from the teeth to be covered so that the veneers will fit onto them without adding any bulk or protrusions.
When you return for your second appointment for dental veneers in Toronto, your dentist will ensure that your veneers fit perfectly and achieve the goals you discussed with your dentist at your first appointment. Once that has been confirmed, the dentist will bond the veneers securely to your teeth. As long as you care for the underlying tooth carefully and take reasonable precautions to protect those veneers, they’ll remain in place and project your perfect smile for over a decade.
The benefits of dental veneers
Dental veneers near you can transform the size, shape, spacing, alignment, and colour of otherwise healthy teeth without any need to undergo bleaching, contouring, compounding, or orthodontic work. They’re a versatile solution if you’re looking to achieve cosmetic changes to achieve immediate impacts on how you look and how you feel about your smile and appearance.
- Veneers are so thin that you won’t even notice them on your teeth
- Veneers that you get through your dentist in Toronto are custom-made for you and bonded to your teeth, where they’ll remain for a decade. They are not the same as over-the-counter and DIY veneers that you can get at a drugstore or online. Those DIY options are more like dentures that come on and off.
- Veneers are durable but, at the same time, vulnerable. They’ll last a decade or more if you take care of them properly, but they’re vulnerable to damage if you chew your nails, bite pencils, chew ice, clench your jaw and grind your teeth, or otherwise expose your veneers to undue pressure.
- Porcelain is a uniquely appropriate material for dental work because it blends naturally with your face, lips, gums, and other natural teeth.
- Porcelain resists stains well but can not be whitened. When you’re choosing the colour of your veneers, your dentist will recommend that you have your other teeth cleaned first so that your veneers will blend naturally with your teeth at their best.
Are you ready to move beyond the current condition of your teeth? If you want to find out if you’re a good candidate for veneers and to develop a treatment plan to address any underlying tooth issues to enable a brand new smile, reach out to a dentist in Toronto for an assessment.